Did you know that BitTitan offers PowerShell support for MigrationWiz? Speed up migration execution and experience easier migration project management in MigrationWiz.
Unfamiliar with PowerShell? Here’s a quick list of benefits it offers:
- Change of pace. Repetition is not fun. Removing or minimizing it will improve morale.
- Consistency. A scripted solution will run the exact same script every time — no risk of typos, forgetting to complete the task, or doing the task incorrectly.
- Audit trail. There are many tasks where having an audit trail would be helpful; perhaps including what task was performed, important results, errors that occurred, when the task ran, who ran it, and so forth.
- Modular code. I might spend more time on a particular function than time savings justify, but I can generally reuse or borrow ideas from the code later.
- Documentation. Is there documentation for the task? Is it up to date? A well written and commented script can generally serve as a helpful base level of documentation that might not exist for a manual task.
- Education. Scripting out a task will improve your ability and potentially give you deeper insight into what you’re doing than with the black box of a GUI.
- Delegation. With a scripted solution, you can typically delegate more functions closer to the teams best equipped to handle them, giving you more time to focus on the important stuff.
We highlight the extensibility that PowerShell for MigrationWiz offers in this on-demand webinar, specifically #4 of #7: 7 New-to-You Features of MigrationWiz. Watch it here.
To get started on enabling PowerShell for your MigrationWiz account, click here. This week we’ve introduced two new PowerShell scripts for you to use, located in GitHub:
Check out the existing BitTitan MigrationWiz PowerShell scripts on GitHub for you to use today. Go there now.
What else is new? Check out BitTitan On-Demand Webinars
We have a growing list of webinars for you to view when you have a few minutes on topics like: Best Practices for Exchange to Office 365 Migrations, New MigrationWiz Features, How to Troubleshoot Common Migration Failures and Errors and more.