When you migrate data from Google Apps, chances are you’ll want to migrate more than just your email messages. While previous iterations of MigrationWiz already supported Google Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Drive, it now supports Google Vault – unlocking a new list of possibilities for migration projects.… Read more
It’s true – using MigrationWiz to migrate data from almost any source to destination is a pretty simple process. You can literally start migrating data within minutes after signing up, and without anything to install or download, setup is fast and painless. Configuration is also a breeze, and signing up for an account is quick and easy.
The following are five articles you should be sure to read before getting started. … Read more
With Exchange 2003 no longer being supported as of April 2014, we are seeing an explosion of small businesses making the decision to move to Office 365 and Exchange Online from Exchange 2003. For partners and customers who want to save both time and money by automating the process of migrating to Office 365, UserActivation has proven to be an extremely simple way of completing the job. Now migrating from Exchange 2003 to Office 365 using UserActivation is easier than ever.… Read more
During a migration project, manually configuring Outlook clients to point to Office 365 can be a painstaking, tedious process. With BitTitan’s DeploymentPro, that process becomes entirely automated, and made possible through a few simple steps from a single web-based interface. Using DeploymentPro requires no technical knowledge, and turns a tedious manual process into a seamless, easy transition.
Want to learn how it’s done? Read on!… Read more
PSTs are, by now, an outdated way to archive Outlook items. They served a purpose for a time, but with new archiving methods and storage limit expansions, it’s worth it to move to new archiving methods.
Some downsides of PST archiving include:
- Data corruption. Storage of data locally runs the risk of corruption in the long term.
- Lack of accessibility. PSTs are stored locally or on network drives, so access to email does not beget access to archives.
BitTitan is now migrating documents to and from Google Drive and OneDrive Pro, with more system integration in the works. Like any other BitTitan migrations type, document migration is designed for real enterprise scenarios, giving you total control over the project and allowing you to manage your cut-over properly. Migrations also include the following features:… Read more
Whether you are a hosting provider who needs to onboard customers onto your platform, or a consulting company who needs to migrate users to a new email system, you need a migration solution that is fast, easy and robust. If you’ve considered implementing your own migration suite, here are five reasons you should use MigrationWiz instead.… Read more
We talk a lot about automated deployments of Outlook, and how easy this process is made through solutions such as DeploymentPro. However, we haven’t really touched on manual configurations of Outlook. This is especially handy if you encounter issues with auto-discover attempting to connect to the Exchange server. Here’s a quick guide that walks you through the process of manually configuring Outlook for Office 365, on both Windows 7 and 8.
- Go to https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/
- Go to the Office 365 tab
- Check Outlook Autodiscover
- Click Next
- Input your information
- Click Perform Test
- On the result page, click Expand All
- Look for the first <Server> tag
You should see a value that looks something like email@example.com.… Read more
Today, we are going to discuss deployment and give you a step-by-step guide on how to use it in your migrations.
First things first, there are some things you will need to do before deploying directory synchronization:
- Validate your domain in Office 365. Before deploying directory synchronization, you must validate your domain in Office 365. This is because we are attempting to synchronize your email addresses and user principal names (UPN) over and they cannot be added to objects without first being validated.
As a BitTitan customer, all of the configuration necessary to migrate public folders can get confusing. This article outlines some of the things that users can do to make a public folder migration run more smoothly. The article will include:
- Creating the public folder mailbox at the destination
- User permission levels at the source and destination
- Hybrid public folders need to be disabled for migration
- Supported folder operations –mail-enabling (yes), alternate email addresses (no)
- Why does it look like my public folder migration is stuck?